Sunday, May 11, 2008

Eventually...

The time goes by even faster now that my time here comes to an end and the fact that not only I but also all people I learned to like so much are leaving one by one. We had a goodbye dinner for Adele at Wagyu which was truly lovely and tasty but the bitter taste of melancholy remained an irritating factor we could not deny. If I got it right she is going to the Philippines and I will see her in The Hague soon.

The fact that the one person I like most left for Beijing this morning leaves me in mixed emotions. I'm sorry for being so desolate lately but this is what my mind tells me to write and I always write what it tells me to.

My emotions have been going to extremes lately as well. There are times, maybe even moments, in which I am terribly sad, then happy and then angry again. The time of just being fine has unfortunately been absent for far too long. This city is giving me a hard time being so wonderful to me and the fact I'll be traveling for 6 weeks does not ease the feeling of departure. Maybe Iron&Wine and Nick Drake are not really the music to listen to either but my mind wants to be sad.

No comments: