Monday, May 5, 2008

Of Sleeping Chinese and Birthdays.


So, what is the result of going to bed at late times? Being tired in the morning. But what if you really went to bed late every night and did not have the time to recover until 01:00pm? A stroll through Soho makes it clear: you sleep while you're working. I find this a good compensation.

I do not know what exactly the reason is, but lately I have not found an adequate reason to write this blog. Maybe it's just my mind that has so many more things to deal with than usually (i.e. packing, procrastinating, birthday dinners, etc). But as soon as I read my friends' blogs, I realize how interesting I find them and how selfish it would be to just keep these last few weeks for myself. Since I am not a selfish person I hereby will share some more with you.


I did not take my cam for the actual party but this is from a former one and this is about what our roof parties look like.

I do not know what exactly it is, but lately I have not found an adequate reason to write this blog. Maybe it's just my mind that has so many more things to deal with than usually (i.e. packing, procrastinating, birthday dinners, etc). But as soon as I read my friends' blogs, I realize how interesting I find them and how selfish it would be to just keep these last few weeks for myself. Since I am not a selfish person I hereby will share some more with you.

Yes, Jojo, Melissa & Emma were celebrating their "be-earlied" birthdays on the rooftop of our desolate hall that did not look that desolate after all. About 60 guests showed up, ready to indulge themselves with the lovely food the girls had prepared (asparagus wrapped in Serrano ham, lettuce wraps with ginger-chicken, and so forth). Jojo, meanwhile, spent hours and hours on getting cocktail sausages that he served with a big bowl of tomato ketchup. As time went by, the average party guest started getting considerably drunker. As a result our lovely security guard showed up, telling us we should keep it down a bit. No probs mate! At around 12, we made our way down and went to LKF to further celebrate the three.

All in all a very enjoyable evening and a very drunk birthday boy/girl/girl.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

thanks for the brievity Christoph
that and for being my knight as well