Saturday, March 29, 2008

what a week.

New Territories



On the way to town
The poor crabs.

It's been a while and a lot has happened.

I will start telling you guys about our hike to the new territories, i.e. Sai Kung.
Emma and Adele being the initiators of this fun trip, planning to go hiking around the mountains and eventually finishing the night with some good seafood and a cold beer. The trip to the new territories took us about 1 1/2 hours by bus and MTR and we eventually arrived at Emma's families friend's place where we were provided with a map and nice company. Guy and his wife plus son guided us to a small temple in which we lit up joss sticks to pray to Buddha for more prosperity and luck in our lives. I considered this to be wrong (at least the wrong thing for me) since I do not believe in Buddha. One reason for this is the meat, onion and garlic free food.
We eventually reached the path and were left by the family and about to enter the "jungle". I kinda wished to be listening to Guns 'n' Roses at that time which I did not manage to due to a lack of appropriate technical equipment. We were hiking on and over the mountains that gave an excellent view over the bay and the extremely misty and thus mysteriously beautiful mountain site. The weather was rather warm and very humid which made my jeans stick to my legs and walking rather uncomfortable. After passing the "Hong Kong Adventure Squad" (which to me looked more like simple scouts...) we reached the end of the path and made our way back to town where we indeed did finish the day with some tasty food and a cold Tsing Tao.

No comments: