Saturday, March 15, 2008

What's going on?

Alright, part 2, here we go:

We were on this trip on the longtailboat, remember? My sun lotion was the least efficient thing I might have probably purchased, regarding my optimism of taking sun protection factor 12. I know, it is stupid. Coming back from the trip Louise treated my back with Aloe Vera which actually felt like heaven. Combined with the fan causing evaporation freeze on my back...priceless. Even Louise who was sure of not getting burnt took some of the lotion to treat her wounds. As if that would not have been enough hotness for a whole week, we went to see a fire show in the evening, watching some Thai boys doing fire-pois (flaming balls at the end of 2 chains) at a hallucinating speed. not much more happened, I reckon...Oh yes, Louise and I got another, this time professional, Aloe Vera massage. Goooood.

The next day we went on our tremendous trip to the other side of the country to get to Ko Phangan (I still don't know how to spell it properly...any Thais?). The bus trip was really funny, even though incredibly hot. Of course, there was a German family on board, which I realised by only looking at them. You know that feeling that you can put certain people into certain categories and you just know that you are right? Anyway. I had that feeling and was right. They had two really cute kids that I immediately amused by looking cross-eyed. I had found my allies. People who had the opinion that this bus trip basically sucked. I thought it would be a little too infantile to join their crying and complaining in the typical way children always do..."Are we there yet?!?", "Can you see us holding? No? Obviously means we're not there yet!". Pretty rude thing to say to a 4 year old. I had my fun with the kids and soon we played hide and seek. Mighty pointless in a bus but the seats can cover you pretty well. The parents got a little more relaxed and as soon as the small boy (estimated 2 1/3 years old) started laughing about me making funny faces the mood in the bus got from annoyed to relaxed and seeing the world a little less cramped. Funny, what a children's laugh can provoke. After a couple of hours, I think it may have been about 7, we arrived at Surat Thani, from where we still had to take the ferry to Ko...Thing... On the boat we immediately went into the so-called V.I.P.-Lounge, a Grey room with airplane seats. In other perspective there was no difference to the rest of the seats. At 11 at night we arrived in our hotel that surprisingly was named "Delight Resort" which it really was. Luxurious and still quite affordable but not what we wanted. We wanted a bungalow on the beach. We met up with Hana and Ted in the evening and went to have a couple of drinks with them. It surely was a funny night of which I unfortunately don't remember too much. The fact that my camera lay safe on the bed of our bungalow did not allow me to recapitulate the evening afterwards :D The following days went by rainy. Hence, we sat in the lounge area of our resort reading books, sipping fresh fruit shakes. We eventually left for Surat Thani from where we took the bus to the train station in order to make our way up to Bangkok and eventually to Hong Kong.

That's the trip, my friends.

No comments: