Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leaving on a jetplane, don't know .....

There it is again: A feeling of excitement, the want to make the plane about three times as fast, the unexpectedness about what there is to come and last, not yet least what the new home I will dwell in for the next couple of months will look like. Good feelings prevail as I cross the icy deserts of Greenland (sounds paradox in that perspective, doesn’t it?) until i reach San Francisco. Then, i guess it will be time for a quick change of clothes since I will have worn mine for the extended amount of not less than 20 hours... And even then, in San Francisco, I will not have travelled half the way since another plane will guide me over the Pacific Ocean towards my, for now, final destination, Sydney. I catch myself typing ‘Sydnet’ instead of ‘Sydney’ way too often. I should learn how to type with the 10-fingers system anyway.

I never got why planes always have to be that loud. Lately someone told me that there was something like a quiet plane in which they in fact had installed some speakers for the crew that imitated the sound of the machine for the good and simple reason the pilots couldn’t sleep without it. That’s awkward since i guess that well paid pilots do not necessarily live in the closer area to airports in order to get some good sleep. Or do they? These are the questions in life one really needs to look at. I will probably think twice about publishing this post due to its redundancy but then again...’COME OOOON!’

Bored on a plane...If you die all was for nothing...BAMMBAMM!!! For those of you who do not know what i am talking about (attention new English verb to come...), ‘youtube’ (like ‘google it’) ‘snakes on a plane in 5 seconds’. Still haven’t seen the movie itself but these 5 seconds clips are damn funny.

No comments: