Monday, February 25, 2008

cantonesian...?

This was weird. Hearing myself reading out a passage of our Cantonese book as part of our examination. I mean really weird. If I listen to it, I cannot even understand myself without calling in the translation from the book. Should do though. The matter I am more concerned about is the self-presentation in this exotic language. 100 words does indeed not sound that much but becomes twice as much considering the correct pronunciation of every word... Victory shall yet be mine and I will dance on the ashes of what used to be Cantonese after I am finished with my presentation. I always believed I was good in studying languages but now they even take away this last illusion of mine. Ah well, since I am an optimistic person I consider this fact still to be true, since this feeling only arose here. Hence, I am only bad with Asian languages, but still good with European ones...yes, yes and yes I know that they shall become more and more redundant within the next years but in fact I will by then be ready for Chinese in terms of having learned every single of the 11 European languages what will make up for my incompetence for Chinese.

Enough...I need to do this monologue before it's too late.
Accordingly, néih hóu and baaibaai.
Sincerely yours, ROY!

No comments: